Today, people of all backgrounds celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Some kids dress up in green and look for shamrocks, while others try to catch the elusive St. Patrick’s Day leprechaun.
The St. Patrick’s Day leprechaun is an Irish fairy. But he is quite different from other fairies, he looks like an old man and stands at around two feet tall. Dressed in green from head-to-toe, he carries a shillelagh, which he uses to scare anyone who tries to steal his gold.
We are going to show you how to create a leprechaun for St. Patrick’s Day.
Duration: 15 minutes
Learning Outcomes: Exercise fine motor skills.
- R53001 Stand Up People
- Pencil, Markers and Crayons
- R15409 Economy Metallic Paper
- Googly Eyes (Optional)
- Glue Stick
- Use the pencil to sketch out a leprechaun on the R53001 Stand Up People character.
- Use the marker to trace the outline of the leprechaun.
- You can use green crayon to color the suit, and use the light green crayon to color the vest. Use the marker to decorate the pants with different dots or patterns. As you can see we have a very basic look of a leprechaun.
Let’s add more features on the R53001 Stand Up People character.
4. Put the green metallic paper on top of the head and draw the outline of the hat. Then use the scissors to cut out the hat and glue it on the character.
5. You can glue the Googly eyes on to the face or draw the eyes. Use the gold metallic paper to cut out the mustache. Draw the boots and the bow tie on the green paper and cut them out.
6. Use a glue stick to glue the mustache, bow tie and boots to the character. Draw the eyebrows, and mouth on to the face. Do not forget to decorate his green hat, by adding a buckle band or shamrock.
The St. Patrick’s Day leprechaun is almost done. Remember a leprechaun spends his time searching for gold. So we need a pot of gold for him to carry. Use the green paper to create the golden pot. Next cut out some golden coins and glue them on to the green pot. You can also add a shamrock if you want.
Now fold back the leg flaps and stand him up for display.