This adorable critter is simple and fun to make!
Learning Outcomes:?Exercise fine motor skills. Practice composing figures out of geometric shapes. Create adorable animal crafts.
- R15701 Craft Circles
- R22052 Double Color Card Sheets
- Glue Stick
- Washable Marker
- Decide what kind of animal you want to make. We chose to make a giraffe!
- Using the double color card sheets. draw an outline of the giraffe?s head and neck. Cut out the outline. Use washable markers to add eyes, a mouth and spots!
- Choose a craft circle to be the body of your giraffe. Fold the craft circle in half.
- Glue the head and neck to the back of your folded craft circle.
- To make the legs of your giraffe, cut four equal lengths of brown yarn.
- Tape one end of each piece of yarn to the INSIDE of the folded craft circle.
- Cut four squares out of brown card. These will be your giraffe?s hooves. Tape each square to the loose end of the yarn legs.
- Use a smaller length of yarn as the tail. Tape the tail to the inside of your half circle, near the crease.
- Using your glue stick, glue your half circle closed. This will make the giraffe look neat, and prevent flapping in the breeze if you decide to transform your giraffe into a puppet.
- Use Popsicle sticks to turn your animal into a puppet! Use a Popsicle stick for the body, and additional ones on any legs you want to be able to move.