These hand-made cards make your feelings POP on Valentine’s day!
Duration: 15 minutes
Learning Outcomes: Exercise fine motor skills. Encourage creativity. Integrate art, literacy, and holiday activities. Makes a perfect take-home craft.
- R15412 Pop Culture Paper
- A short poem (typed or printed on white printer paper)
- Washable Markers
- Glue Stick
- Type a Valentine’s day poem into a word document.
- Print out the poem and cut it out.
- Fold a sheet of heart-themed Pop Culture Paper in half, hamburger style.
- Cut two parallel slits in the fold. Mae sure you cut each slit approximately the same width. We suggest no more than 2″.
- Open your sheet of paper. You should have a flap of paper with a crease in the center. Pull the flap forward gently, and crease the flap the opposite way. Then close your card with the flap on the inside. Crease. This will create the support for you pop-up. Your card should look like a folded sheet of paper with a square missing from the fold side.
- Open your card. Apply glue to ONE SIDE of the pop up.
- Glue your poem to the popup.
- Decorate your card.
- Present the card to your Valentine!
Like us on Facebook, Share this post with your friends, or Subscribe to this blog today to receive original craft project updates every week!